Join us for Disability Rights Legislative Day 2022
Wednesday, March 9, starting at 11:00 am
Participants from across the state will have an opportunity to have their voice heard on the issues that matter to them most. Self-Advocates and Advocates are able to participate either in person or virtually in this year’s event on March 9th.
Virtual Participants can expect:
- High-quality streaming of the rally
- Training and Resources on how to interact with your legislator in their home district
- The option to submit questions to your legislator beforehand
- Afternoon Zoom Session with selected legislators (to be announced)
- An accessible help-line available to help with any technology support needed to participate in the day’s events
In-Person Participants can expect:
- A rally with legislators and self-advocates expressing their support and highlighting important disability issues
- Meet and Greets with policymakers
- Training and Resources to help you tell your story and advocate about what matters most to you.
All participants will be provided with resources to engage with their legislators outside of the day’s events.
Bringing Together Legislators and Self Advocates
The rally will feature the following legislators:
- Missouri Governor Mike Parson and First Lady Teresa Parson
- Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt
- Missouri Treasurer Scott Fitzpatrick
- Representative Crystal Quade
- Representative Bridget Walsh-Moore
- Representative Travis Smith
- Representative Betsy Fogle